Recipe by Cul_de_sac_Barbie
I took several recipes and put this together. It was a big hit. I served it hot with french vanilla ice cream.
- 10 apples, cored and peeled 1/2 way
- 1⁄2 cup candied walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock pot, mix the apple cider and vanilla.
- Mix the candied walnuts and dried fruit together.
- Stuff the centers of the apples with the candied walnuts and fruit mixture.
- Place into crock pot, double layered if necessary.
- Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
- Cook in the crock pot for 6 hours on low. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.