Recipe by nitko
This recipe is at least 200 years old. My grand-grandmother was preparing spinach that way, my, grandmother was preparing that way, my mother was preparing that way, so I am preparing it that way. This is very healthy meal, although it is prepared on pork fat. One important fact: never re-heat the spinach – you will have digestion problems.
- 1 kg spinach leaves (fresh, not frozen)
- 5 g garlic or 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 10 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup cream (cooking cream, or fat milk 3, 8%)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the spinach leaves and put them in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the leaves and using large knife (or multi-practic machine): cut them to mash.
- Take a pot, melt butter, add flour and garlic, and add cold water to make a kind of “sauce veloutè”.
- Add mashed spinach pour milk (or cream) season with salt and pepper.
- Nutmeg is optional.
- Cook for 10 minutes.