Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A medley of vegetables sautéed in a wok or pan. Served with a salad, these Vegetable Chips make a great accompaniment to grilled fish or BBQd meats. Adapted from a 'Pan or Wok' recipe card by International Masters Publishers.
- 225 g potatoes
- 175 g parsnips
- 175 g carrots
- 175 g turnips
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt, to taste
- freshly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and turnips, cut into even-sized thin sticks and pat dry with paper kitchen towelling.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a (preferably non-stick) wok over a high heat.
- Add all the vegetables and the herbs to the wok and turn a few times in the butter and oil to coat well.
- Spread the vegetables into a single layer in the wok, and sauté over a high heat for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally and then again spreading into a single layer, until crisp and golden brown. DO NOT STIR as when stir-frying' as the vegetables will not become crisp if you do.
- Drain on paper kitchen towelling and pat to remove excess fat. Sprinkle with salt, to taste, garnish with chopped parsley.