Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious, hearty meal that tastes better than the fast food version!
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 inch) white corn tortillas
- 5 leaves lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded tex-mex cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir in corn kernels.
- Add tomato paste and tomato.
- Sprinkle in onion, chili powder, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Heat corn tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to make more pliable.
- Line tortilla with lettuce leave, fully covering to ensure the burrito doesn't get soggy from the beef.
- Spoon beef mixture over lettuce and top with cheese if desired.
- Fold tortilla burrito-style and secure with toothpicks.
- Broil at 450* for about 10 minutes or until edges of tortilla are browned and hard to the touch.
Pretty bland. They do make a gluten free taco seasoning now. I would probably use that next time for better flavor. Also I might use a flavored jar of diced tomatoes rather than a chopped tomato and tomato paste. The toothpicks to be able to brown the outside are a must! Great idea just needs some tweeking. :)