Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Crispy Rosemary Hummus is a true favorite! Flash-frying fresh rosemary sprigs in olive oil is a multi-purpose venture. First it crisps-up the tough rubbery rosemary leaves, also mellowing out the overpowering flavor. Second the rosemary perfumes the oil. So when you add the rosemary-infused oil and the crispy leaves to the hummus you get a mild, but well-rounded piny flavor. Plus it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the oil in a small skillet over high heat.
- Once smoking, flash-fry the rosemary sprigs for 30 seconds per side. Remove and place on a paper towel, reserving the oil.
- Place the garbanzo beans in the food processor with the yogurt, rosemary-infused oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Puree to desired consistency.
- Pull the crispy rosemary leaves off the stems and place them in the food processor. Pulse until the rosemary has worked through the hummus.
- Makes 2 ½ cups.