Recipe by sjvlftc04
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. sour cream and chive mashed potato fried to crispy perfection
- 1 (2 lb) package Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups season panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- remove potatoes from package and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Form potatoes into 8 patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 2hours.
- Remove potato cakes from the refrigerator.
- One by one, dip each cake into buttermilk, draining off excess.
- Roll cakes one by one in seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Place each cake back on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minute.
- Remove potato cakes from the refrigerator.On medium heat, preheat a cast iron skillet and vegetable oil.
- Cook potato cakes 4 at a time on medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cakes drain on a paper towel.
- Serve Warm or at room temperature.