Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Makes a perfect snack for kids lunch boxes! If you are short on time or the weather is very hot, eliminate the baking and chill for about 2 hours before slicing, the taste will still be great but the texture will be more crumbly. This recipe may be doubled.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds (or use chopped pecans)
- chopped almonds or pecans
- 1⁄3 cup dried craisin (or use dried cranberries)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven to second-lowest rack).
- Butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together cereal with raisins, almonds, Craisins (or dried cranberries) and chopped apricots.
- Place the peanut butter, corn syrup and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth (about 1 minute, the mixture will be very sticky!).
- Scrape the hot mixture over the cereal mixture in the bowl; stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan.
- Using the palm of your hand pack down to even out the mixture.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Cool completely in pan, then slice into squares.