Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Why mess around with other peanut butter cookie recipes when this one is the best? Found in "Best Recipes from the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars by Ceil Dyer. 1979
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat margarine and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in sugars until blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat well.
- If necessary, chill dough.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll into sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Flatten with fork, making criss cross pattern.
- Bake 350*.
- 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Peanut Butter Crackles: Follow basic recipe.
- Roll into sugar before placing on cookie sheet.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake 15- 18 minutes.
- Immediately press chocolate candy kiss firmly into top of each cookie.
- Cookie will crack around edges.
a really good cookie light and perfect thank you for the recipe