Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I finally found a way to make my chicken fingers crispy! I try not to eat fried foods but I love fried chicken and chicken fingers and chicken nuggets! Everytime I try to make 'oven fried chicken' with regular bread crumbs or corn flakes or potato chips, it always ends up soggy. Well.. I finally tried Panko and it is a Godsend! And I've found the sour cream also helps a ton! For dips I use Blue Cheese and also mixed the Buffalo sauce with some honey and it turned out great. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces Frank's red hot sauce (Buffalo)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces panko breadcrumbs (original)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put Panko in a bowl or pan (something you can fit the chicken into when dipping).
- Put the chicken into a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Toss in the paprika, cayenne, salt and Red Hot Buffalo sauce (just enough to coat the chicken).
- Seal the bag and smoosh the chicken around to coat evenly.
- Add the flour to the bag.
- Seal the bag again and shake to coat.
- Crack eggs into bowl, and whisk.
- Add sour cream. (start with 1/2 cup and add to make thicker).
- Beat well to incorporate. It will be thick.
- Grab your seasoned chicken, dish of breadcrumbs, bowl of batter, and lined sheet pan.
- Take a piece of chicken and shake it to knock off excess flour.
- Dip it into the batter to coat it on all sides.
- Drop the battered chicken into the breadcrumbs and turn it over a few times to coat the chicken.
- Place on sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the breading is lightly browned. Your final cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chicken tenders are.
- *I served with blue cheese dressing, more Buffalo sauce, and even some honey. YUMMY.