Recipe by Zurie
Only peanuts can be used, but a mixture of different nuts is great. It's a deliciously crispy.
Top Review by billikers
Wow! This was my first time making cookies from scratch and they turned out awesome! I am not normally a fan of "crunchy" cookies, but these were crumbly and seem to melt in your mouth. They are delicious! I am keeping this recipe in a safe place to use again and again. Thank you so much!
- 2 cups flour, unsifted (500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb butter, room temp. (250g)
- 1 cup sugar (250 ml)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped mixed nuts, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 169 deg C/325 deg F.
- Grease or spray a large cookie or swiss roll tin or use 2 smaller ones.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add 4 tablespoons beaten egg plus the vanilla to the creamed mixture, and mix in well.
- Add the flour mixture and half the nuts, and mix well until a dough texture is achieved.
- Spread or pat the dough on to the greased tin(s) with your fingers.
- Paint over the leftover beaten egg, then sprinkle over the leftover nuts.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in centre of oven.
- Cut into squares while still hot and then leave to cool completely in the pan.
- Keep these cookies in airtight containers.
- Depending on how large you cut the squares the recipe make 3 - 4 doz cookies.