1/1 Photo of Crispy Jalapeno Popper Rolls
Sue Lau's Note:
Like a cross between your favorite spring rolls and fried jalapeno poppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 -10 fresh jalapenos
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese or 6 ounces soft chevre cheese
- 1/2 cup red jalapeno jelly
- 18 egg roll wraps or 18 spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- 1Cut stems from jalapenos and cut lengthwise into four pieces; remove seeds and membranes.
- 2Blanch jalapeno spears in boiling water for one minute, then drain and cool in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3Warm jelly until it is melted.
- 4Place 1/2 tablespoon goat cheese in the middle of a wrapper. Top with 2 jalapeno spears and a drizzle of melted jelly. Fold sides over, then roll up like a burrito (not too tight or it will cause them to leak when cooking), sealing the edges with a dab of water. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 5Fry in shallow oil until golden or you may lightly brush with oil and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until golden. They are more crispy when fried.
- 6Serve with extra meted jelly as a dip.
- 7You can freeze them once cooked and reheat later in an oven until crispy and hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Jalapeno Popper Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 220.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g