1/1 Photo of Crispy Ginger Cookies
Country Girl825's Note:
I originally found this recipe in my mother's cookbook although I altered the recipe/ingredients around a bit. These cookies are crisp with a medium ginger taste which isn't too overpowering yet adds a good flavor to the cookies. Note: I found it easier to use your hands to mix the flour, ginger, cornflakes and butter, sugar and egg mixtures together. Just be sure not to over-mix it. Also, keep an eye on the cookies after the ten minute mark as mine started to turn golden brown pretty quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180º Celsius (356º Fahrenheit).
- 2Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar together. Beat until the mixture is combined and has become creamy.
- 3Add the egg and continue to beat well.
- 4Add the flour, crystallised ginger and half of the cornflakes (1 cup). Mix together with either a spoon or your hands.
- 5On a tray, crush the rest of the cornflakes with a rolling pin until the cornflakes are fine.
- 6Scoop a teaspoonfull of the mixture and use your hands to shape into balls which you then roll in the cornflakes you crushed earlier.
- 7Grease a baking tray with cooking spray/butter or cover with baking paper. Put the cornflake covered balls on the tray about 5cm apart from each other. Flatten the top of the ball with a fork gently.
- 8Bake for 10-20 minutes until the cookies are firm and have a light, golden color.
- 9Leave cookies on the baking tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. The cookies start to really crispen once cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g