Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These sweet potatoes are boiled, then diced and fried until crispy with bacon, a touch of sugar and onions. Cooking time includes boiling of potatoes. Really good!
- Boil sweet potatoes and cool.
- Dice sweet potatoes and set aside.
- In skillet, cook bacon and onion until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until potatoes are crispy on the bottom.
- Turn and crisp the other side.
This was really yummy but the sweet potatoes only caramelised on the bottom and I couldn't flip the whole mass of sweet potato, bacon and onion. Maybe it was missing some extra oil or fat to help crisp up the sweet potatoes? I sliced up my sweet potatoes into four pieces and boiled them for 20-30minutes before cooling and cubing.