Recipe by Oolala
Ripped from a magazine's style and entertaining section. It was sitting in my box...thought I'd post it. There is a 3 hour, or more, marination of the chicken in buttermilk required for this recipe.
- 2 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl, and pour the buttermilk to cover them.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a large plastic bag, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet to about 370 degrees.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the buttermilk, and shake them in the bag with the seasoned flour, 1-2 pieces at a time.
- Drop them in the hot oil deep enough to cover, and fry 6-8 minutes; turn and continue cooking.
- Turn once more and cook until the chicken is well browned and tender to the fork.
- Transfer the chicken to absorbent paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- If serving the chicken later, allow to cool completely before packing it up so that is stays crisp.