Crispy Fried Chicken
photo by mfmcadams
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, paprika, orageno, sage and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture; place in the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake until coated.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 350°F.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Place in two ungreased 15 by 10-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Giving this recipe 5* because it was perfectly crispy and beautifully moist inside. The flour cornmeal and corn starch were in perfect harmony for crispness. I used poultry seasoning instead of sage. Next time I will double the seasonings as it needs more flavor. I needed to sprinkle season salt on as I was frying because it was a bit bland to my taste. You will not be disappointed if you want crispy.
I made this recipe for our dinner on 11/7/09. This recipe was made as written, except I used four chicken legs,3 thighs, and two pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts. And since there was alot of the coating, the chicken was " double dipped " :). And instead of putting it in the oven, I just finished it up on the stovetop. But, I do think that if this is made again, the flour will be cut down by 1/2 cup and the seasonings will be doubled except for the salt. But other than that, it turned out very crispy. Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Tried it today and it was delicious. Grandsons had to have seconds. I did not put it in the oven as the weather was just too hot turn on. I just deep fried the chicken pieces and it turned out crispy and moist. I made the amount flour mixture but only used half as I had only 1 chicken. I saved the other half for another chicken later. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy single mom of 5 growing boys!! My children's ages are 21,18,14,12 and 10 1/2. In my spare time,when I have any, I try to walk 3 miles a day.I like to read Woman's World and inspirational books and if I didn't have 5 beautiful boys to care for, I would probably be doing missionary work. I live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and I swear we must be living in Heaven on earth!!!I would love to travel if I had the resources and time with Brazil and South America being on the top of my list of places to see.