Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Hadassah Cookbook.
Make and share this Crispy Crusty Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- 4 halibut steaks, 1/2-inch each
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Wash fish, dry with paper towels.
- Blend beaten eggs and lemon juice lightly. In a separate bowl , mix crumbs, cheese, salt, dill, and parsley.
- Moisten fish with melted butter, dip into egg, then coat with crumb mixture. Press mixture into fish so coating will stick.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Place fish on a buttered foil in a baking dish and broil 3 inches from heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
I used this recipe on some cod fillets with excellent result. The very first thing my boyfriend said to me today was how good the fish was last night. Thank you very much.
This is a delicious recipe. The fish is nicely seasoned and moist. This would make a great dish for guests as the prep work is done in advance. Made as per recipe. This was served with Ramen Broccoli Slaw Salad and Classic Saffron Rice