Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love crunchy fries and love panko bread crumbs. So I came up with a idea for a coating for crispy crunchy fries today when I was working with panko breading. Ingredients can be mixed up with your favorite seasonings. Also can be deep fried as well as baked.
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon johnny's seasoning salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large russet potato
- oil, for frying (optional)
- Preheat oven or deep fryer to 350'.
- Add flour onto wax paper or a bowl and set aside.
- Combine in a bowl or pan, panko breadcrumbs,salt,pepper,parmesan cheese, and seasoning salt. Set aside.
- Combine in another bowl or pan, eggs and whipping cream or milk. Set aside.
- Cut potato into potato wedges or regular french fry shape. (I leave the potato peeling on).
- Dip fries into flour then into egg mixture and then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and baked for 30 minutes or until done.
- Turn halfway through baking.
- NOTE: If frying -- add coated fries to deep fryer and fry 10-15 minutes or until browned and tender.