Recipe by -Patrish
This recipe originates from "Gourmet" magazine. You will find several Dulce De Leche Sauce recipes here on Zaar. I recommend the one which calls for the following three ingredients: whipping cream, dark brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk. It's very easy to prepare and wonderful also served over fried bananas and/or vanilla ice-cream. But beware: Dulce De Leche is very addictive!
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons dulce de leche or 3 tablespoons nutella
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Toast pecans in a shallow baking pan in middle of oven, shaking occasionally, until fragrant and a few shades darker, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss immediately with 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a well-seasoned crêpe pan or an 8-inch nonstick skillet.
- Blend milk, eggs, flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in melted butter, leaving a film of butter in skillet, and blend until well combined.
- Heat skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Half fill a 1/4-cup measure with batter and, holding skillet off heat, pour in batter, immediately swirling and tilting skillet to create a thin even layer (If batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly; next crêpe will be better).
- Return skillet to heat and cook until crêpe is golden around edges and dry in center, about 45 seconds.
- Flip crêpe carefully and cook until golden, about 15 seconds more.
- Sprinkle crêpe lightly with sugar.
- Make more crêpes with remaining batter, stacking them as cooked and lightly sprinkling each with sugar.
- Preheat broiler and butter an 8-inch round flameproof shallow baking dish.
- Heat dulce de leche paste and cream in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Fold crêpes into eighths and arrange in baking dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar, then broil about 6 inches from heat until edges are crispy, about 45 seconds.
- Serve with sauce and pecans.