Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These fritters can be made up to 6 hours ahead, covered, and refrigerated. To serve, reheat in 225 degree oven for 15 minutes. You can also serve "Roasted Red Pepper Sauce" with these corn cakes in addition to the avocado sauce or instead of the avocado sauce.
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray or 4 tablespoons canola oil, if frying
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Puree 3/4 cup of the corn kernels and milk in a food processor until smooth; add scallions and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add ricotta, eggs, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper; pulse until combined.
- Transfer batter to a bowl; stir in the remaining 1 cup corn kernels.
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F; place a large baking sheet in oven.
- Coat 2 large nonstick skillets with cooking spray and heat over medium heat (or heat 2 T oil in each skillet).
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot skillets.
- Cook 2 1/2 minutes per side, until puffed and golden.
- Transfer to oven to keep warm while making remaining corn cakes.
- To serve, arrange warm fritters on a platter and serve with Avocado Sauce.
- For sauce, scoop avocado flesh with a spoon into a small bowl; mash well until smooth.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with corn cakes.