Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A so simple, healthy and flavorful lunch or snack. From Real Simple recipes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus 1/2 cup whole parsley leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 pita bread or 1 piece flat bread, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus (many great homemade recipes on food.com)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco or Sriracha)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and toss.
- In a small bowl, combine the whole parsley leaves, tomatoes and the remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Divide the warm pitas or flat bread among individual plates and spread with the hummus. Top with the chickpeas, onion and hot sauce. Serve with the parsley salad, yogurt and lemon wedges.