Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The secret ingredient is the dill pickle juice! Makes these taste oh sooo good! Use chicken cutlets, or cut your breasts in half and pound to an even thickness. (1/2 inch) Cooking time does not include the 8 hour marinating time.
- 8 (4 ounce) chicken cutlets, cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups pickle juice, from jar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Combine the first two ingredients in a zip-lock bag. Seal bag, pressing out most of the air, and chill 8 hours.
- Whisk together the eggs and 3 tbsp of water in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the cornmeal mix and the next 3 ingredients in a second shallow bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, and dredge in the cornmeal mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.