Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The sweet potato adds a hint of flavor to these fries. I haven't tried them with regular white potatos.
- 2 tablespoons beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cayenne and pepper.
- Cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. strips. Add to egg mixture, a few at a time, and toss to coat. Add to the crumb mixture, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray; drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning occasionally.