Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from I Wash, You Dry
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Fill fryer or heavy bottomed pot with at least 2 inches of peanut oil. Bring to 350 degrees F.
- Combine remaining ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Let sit in fridge while oil heats up (10 minutes).
- When oil is ready fry the chicken pieces in batches, until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Remove chicken from fryer and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.