Chef #334723's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Who says A1 can't be used in meatless cuisine? It may be a steak sauce, but it happens to be vegan. It adds wonderful flavor to baked tofu, and pulls double duty as part of the tangy pineapple salad dressing. A1 truly gives this salad a unique and lively flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, squeezed and drained of all liquid
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 8 ounces cubed pineapple (fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, toasted in a dry pan
- 1 (5 ounce) package fresh Baby Spinach or 8 cups Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes and place in a medium bowl.
- 2Toss with 1/4 cup A1 Sauce.
- 3Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- 4Toss with the 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 5Preheat oven to 350.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer tofu cubes to a large nonstick baking sheet and bake for 25-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp. Let cool on baking sheet.
- 7Make the salad while the tofu is baking. Stir together the A1 Sauce, pineapple juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- 8Using a large bowl toss the dressing with the remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the A1 baked tofu.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Baked Tofu With Pineapple, Avocado & Corn Salad #A1
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce
A.1. Original Sauce