Recipe by Heather Studley
I wanted some crispy chicken for a salad I was making but without the fat and grease of frying it. I looked at a bunch of recipes but none of them had anything that I had readily available at home. So I improvised and it worked! The recipe is designed for 2 salads but if you need more just double it.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat-free margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a bowl combine milk, butter, 1 teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoons chili powder and 1 teaspoons onion powder and whisk together.
- Cut up chicken breast into bit sized pieces and place in milk mixture.
- In a plastic bag combine the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add chicken pieces to bag and shake. Make sure chicken is well coated.
- Spray a baking sheet liberally with non-stick spray and spread your chicken out on it.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes and turn the pieces. Continue to bake until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add to whatever it is you made.