Recipe by Vicki
I love this seasoning mix and sometimes double it to get more crunch. It came from Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook with only two slight adaptations. I usually have to dry slices of bread in my oven & send them through the food processor to crumb, but I usually have all of these ingredients on hand.
Top Review by MarieRynr
This was delicious and moist, even the breasts! I used homemade dry bread crumbs and did everything the same except I added about half a tsp of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. My husband loved it and so did I. Thanks so much for a great recipe! Will definitly be making this one again.
- 118.29 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 1587.57-1360.77 g broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven temp 375F degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and celery seed.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush each chicken piece with melted butter.
- Roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up and so pieces don't touch, in a shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 oven about 50 minutes or till tender.
- Do Not Turn!
- Makes 6 servings.