Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great peanut-free vegan treat from Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet."
- 10 ounces crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown rice syrup
- fine sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup almond butter (chunky)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (vegan)
- cooking spray
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Heat the syrup with a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat. When the syrup liquifies, add the almond butter and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour over the cereal and mix well with a heat-resistant spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- Give the mixture 15 minutes to cool off before adding the chocolate chips (otherwise they will melt). Add chips and stir to combine.
- Turn the mixture out into a 9x13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Press down to make the top flat and level, and allow to rest for one hour before slicing.