Recipe by ~Leslie~
A simple Japanese dressing turns crunchy snow peas into a refreshing salad. Great with grilled salmon or chicken. Created by Heather Trim for Food and Drink.
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly sliced carrot (Matchstick size)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, preferably toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Snip ends and remove string from snow peas. Fill a large bowl full of ice water.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, and add snow peas and carrots.
- Cook just until snow peas turn bright green, about 15 seconds, drain and plunge into cold water. Drain well and pat dry.
- Cut snow peas diagonally into ½-inch (1-cm) wide pieces. Place in a bowl along with carrots.
- To prepare dressing, whisk soy with lemon juice, sesame oil, sugar and wasabi powder, making sure sugar and wasabi powder are dissolved.
- Stir with snow peas and carrots. Taste and add salt if needed. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.