Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This is a great way of using up sliced white bread from your freezer. It is impressive enough to serve to friends as a lunch.
- 8 slices white bread, frozen and defrosted
- 50 g garlic butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 200 g savoy cabbage, torn
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 30 g basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F
- Cut the crusts off the bread and roll with a rolling pin until flat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Melt the garlic butter and brush the bread with it. Place bread in oven for 10 mins, until crispy.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and a frying pan and cook the peppers for 5 minutes, add the cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vinegar, tomatoes and seasoning if desired.
- Mix the cheese and basil.
- Take four slices of the bread and spread with the cheese mix. Top with vegetables and another slice of bread.
- Serve drizzle with the remaining oil.