Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way of using up sliced white bread from your freezer. It is impressive enough to serve to friends as a lunch.
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F
- Cut the crusts off the bread and roll with a rolling pin until flat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Melt the garlic butter and brush the bread with it. Place bread in oven for 10 mins, until crispy.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and a frying pan and cook the peppers for 5 minutes, add the cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vinegar, tomatoes and seasoning if desired.
- Mix the cheese and basil.
- Take four slices of the bread and spread with the cheese mix. Top with vegetables and another slice of bread.
- Serve drizzle with the remaining oil.