This is a great way of using up sliced white bread from your freezer. It is impressive enough to serve to friends as a lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200C/400°F
- 2Cut the crusts off the bread and roll with a rolling pin until flat. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3Melt the garlic butter and brush the bread with it. Place bread in oven for 10 mins, until crispy.
- 4Heat 1 tbsp oil and a frying pan and cook the peppers for 5 minutes, add the cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from heat and add the vinegar, tomatoes and seasoning if desired.
- 6Mix the cheese and basil.
- 7Take four slices of the bread and spread with the cheese mix. Top with vegetables and another slice of bread.
- 8Serve drizzle with the remaining oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Baked Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar