1/1 Photo of Crimini Pasta by Daniele and Nina Polidoro
My dad has always believed in the importance of using real ingredients in the kitchen, no matter what the dish; so if you want high quality taste, use high quality ingredients. Using real butter and real cream is essential to this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups of 18% cream
- 150 g butter
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 3 (250 g) packages fresh pasta
- 1 lb fresh cremini mushroom
- 30 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion
- fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper (in Italian, this would be accompanied by "QB" meaning "quanto basta", "to your taste, "as much as yo)
- 1• Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes.
- 2• Clean and dry the crimini mushrooms. Chop mushrooms into large enough pieces that they can be found in the sauce (avoid chopping them too finely). Place into a bowl.
- 3• Finely chop a handful of fresh parsley.
- 4• Gently squeeze water from the porcini mushrooms, and collect 4-5 oz of the resulting mushroom juice; don't use the grit in the bottom of the bowl! (You could also strain with a cheese cloth.).
- 5• Coarsely chop the soaked porcini mushrooms.
- 6• Finely chop ½ of a small onion.
- 7• Put on a big pot of water to boil – add a tablespoon of salt when the water starts simmering.
- 8• Set the table. Make it look pretty.
- 9• Melt butter in the pan on medium heat, bringing it to a sizzle.
- 10• Add onions, frying them until golden in colour – add the mushrooms, and bring the mixture to a high temperature. Allow this to cook for about 8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 11• Add 3 pinches of parsley, and the mushroom juice (about 1 cup), chicken stock (1 cup – this could be substituted for vegetable stock, if you prefer), and cream (1 ½ cups).
- 12• Stir the sauce, and reduce to medium heat.
- 13• Add pepper to taste (or QB!).
- 14• Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes once the cream has been added; it may look like a lot of sauce in comparison to the amount of pasta you're using, but the pasta will soak up some of the sauce.
- 15• Add pasta to boiling water, stir regularly to ensure it doesn't stick (for this quantity of fresh pasta, this takes approximately 5-7 minutes to reach el dente).
- 16• Strain the pasta and add to sauce in a serving bowl. Garnish pasta with fresh parsley, and add grated parmesan to taste.
- 17For best results, enjoy with loved ones, and follow with espresso & a delicious homemade dessert. Buon appetito!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crimini Pasta by Daniele and Nina Polidoro
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1141.2
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 318.3 mg
- Sodium 439.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g