Crescent-Topped Shepherd's Pie
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, ready-to-eat, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (3 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (recommend Green Giant )
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and carrots to skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, mushrooms, peas and pasta sauce. Heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into baking dish.
- Open can of dough; do not unroll. With serrated knife, cut dough into 1-inch slices. Arrange slices cut side down around edges of casserole. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until bubbly and crescents are golden brown.