Recipe by truebrit
I found this in Taste of Home's Casserole Cookbook, and it's delicious!!! The beef mixture and crescent roll topping make for a real hearty meal!
Top Review by RecipeNut
We all enjoyed this Casserole tonight! Not to spicy! Loved the crescent rolls on top with the butter and cheese. Browned nicely and the taste of the browned cheesy crust was so delicious! Thanks so much ; )
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat loses its pinkness; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix, then reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes; remove from the heat.
- Stir in sour cream, and spoon mixture into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough into one rectangle, and seal seams and perforations.
- Place over the cheese.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 375F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.