Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make an excellent quick meal or snack for the kids. My grandkids love these and love helping make them.
- 1 (8 count) package crescent rolls
- 1 (8 count) package hot dogs
- Bake at temperature it calls for on the package of crescent rolls.
- Roll one (dry off) hot dog in each crescent roll (starting with wide end and overlapping the pointed end).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake till brown.
I love to make these for the kids. I cut the dog almost all the way through as my kids are little and it is just safer that way. I also try to spread the dough out over as much of the hot dog as possible. When I feel like eating one with the kids I will spread a little mustard along the top before I cook them.
Like the other reviewer we make these but stuff them with cheese. We have also used the reduced fat crescent rolls and the veggie dogs to suit the diets in the house. This is definitely a quick and easy family friendly food
I just love these. Been making them for years. They are a huge hit with the grandkids too. I also stuff mine with cheese. Slice partially thru the dawg (not all the way thru & not all the way to the end of the dawg) and stuff with the cheese of your choice. Yummy!