For the most dramatic presentation, lower the lighting when serving. This delicious dish is from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind or 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Stir in the milk slowly to obtain a smooth batter.
- 3Add beaten eggs and beat well.
- 4Add lemon or orange peel and bake on a hot, greased griddle until browned on both sides, but still soft enough to roll.
- 5Spread each cake with sauce, roll and serve at once.
- 6To make the sauce: cream butter and sugar together until fluffy and sugar is dissolved; add fruit juice very slowly, stirring constantly.
- 7Add grated rind and curaçao; blend thoroughly.
- 8Pour curaçao over rolled cakes and ignite before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes Suzette á La New Orleans
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 433.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g