Recipe by Steve P.
These are easy to make and just as good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Play around a bit by trying different types of sausage.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 shallots, chopped (about 6 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 smoked link sausage
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) packagecreamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 packaged crepes or 10 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 Tbs.
- butter and sauté shallots.
- Add sugar and reduce heat to medium.
- Caramelize shallots for approximately 20 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Peel sausage and finely chop.
- Brown in a skillet heated over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the thawed spinach and reserved shallots.
- Beat eggs with heavy cream, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 Tbs.
- butter to a clean skillet and heat.
- Add egg mixture and heat thoroughly while gently folding.
- Gently fold the sausage mixture while the eggs are cooking.
- When eggs are almost fully cooked, add and fold in the cheddar cheese to blend.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/3 cup mixture in the center of each crepe or flour tortilla.
- Fold in the sides and fold forward like a burrito.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet.
- Place crepe in skillet, and heat the crepe until golden brown (about 1-2 minutes per side; tortillas will take a bit longer as they are thicker than crepe shells.).
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, serve immediately.