Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zing up your everyday green beans into a wonderful Southern classic. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 14.79 ml onion, minced
- 14.79 ml green bell pepper, minced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 532.32 ml green beans, cooked (canned is fine)
- 354.88 ml tomatoes, cooked (canned is fine)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml American cheese, grated
- 8 soda crackers, crumbled finely
- Brown onion and bell pepper in butter; combine with beans and tomatoes.
- Season and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 15 or 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.