1/2 Photos of Creole Oyster Omelette
Pesto lover's Note:
For the oyster lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 10" skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble it. drain all but 2 teaspoons bacon grease from skillet. Add bacon back to pan.
- 2Add 1 tablespoons unsalted butter to reserved 2 tsp bacon grease in skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add oysters, green onions, and garlic.
- 4Saute until edges of oysters start to curl, about 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cayenne and salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6Whisk together eggs, half and half and a pinch of salt.
- 7Clean pan and heat over medium heat.
- 8Add 2 tsp unsalted butter and 2 tsp vegetable oil to hot pan.
- 9Add egg mixture and cook, lifting edges to let uncooked egg run under omelette, so that top is not too wet.
- 10Flip once and cook 10 seconds.
- 11Flip omelette onto large plate.
- 12Put oyster mixture in the middle and fold over omelette to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Oyster Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.5
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 512.9 mg
- Sodium 639.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g