Chinese Gai Lan & Mushroom Omelette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 80 ml hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 eggs
- 80 ml water
- 60 ml peanut oil
- 500 g swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch gai lan, ends trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths (Chinese broccoli)
- 80 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- Combine the hoisin sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and water in a jug. Heat 2 teaspoons of peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add one-quarter of egg mixture, tilting wok to cover base and side. As omelette sets, lift edge so that any uncooked egg runs underneath. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until just set. Slide onto a plate and cover. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with 6 teaspoons of oil and the remaining egg mixture, reheating the wok between batches.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in wok over medium heat. Add mushroom and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the gai lan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until gai lan just wilts.
- Divide omelettes among serving plates. Place one-quarter of bean sprouts on half of each omelette. Top with the mushroom mixture. Fold in half to enclose the filling. Drizzle over hoisin sauce mixture to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION