Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a lovely-sounding dessert recipe, adapted from "The Art of Brazilian Cookery" by Dolores Botafogo. Posted for ZWT, untried by me. Cooking time is chilling time, since there is no actual cooking involved here.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained (reserve juice)
- 12 ladyfingers (the hard kind work best here)
- 1 pint heavy cream, sweetened to taste and whipped (can use aerosol whipped cream instead)
- Butter a gelatin mold or mixing bowl and line with waxed paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Finely chop the drained peaches and fold into butter/sugar mixture.
- For assembly, dip the ladyfingers in the reserved peach juice, then arrange them in the prepared mold in alternating layers with the peach mixture until all of the ladyfingers and cream are used up.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Invert chilled mold onto a decorative plate, then pipe or spread whipped cream over it to cover.