Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
nice little holiday treat
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 lb melted chocolate (white or dark)
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy and well combined.
- Slowly add sugar 1 cup at time, when mixture gets too thick to mix turn out onto counter and knead in the rest of the sugar.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form into small balls and refrigerate for two hours.
- Dip in melted chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper until set.
- Will keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Wow, these are yummy! One batch of these is plenty so if you'd like to make different flavors I recommend splitting the mix. One batch made over 200 small candies. I dipped them in a variety of chocolate.
These are SO good and they make great presents from friends around the holidays! I make a batch, then put them in little festive tins. Everyone loved them and asked me to pass on the recipe.
I love Making this candy. Have done so for years. The only thing I do differently is divide it into 4 small bowls. I do one bowl vanilla, peanutbutter in one, one with coconut, and mint extract in one. Sometimes you have to add more powdered sugar. Everyone always loves them. My husband loves pure maple syrup in one bowl! My most favorite is to add lots of pecans and a little more soft butter and vanilla to one bowl, mix and taste and adjust powdered sugar if needed. Use your imagination and your taste buds and create and have fun. I MAKE each flavor a different shape: ball, flat round, log, square so you can tell them apart. Have fun!