Recipe by SweetSueAl
Just in time for Halloween. A flavorful punch I got from "Silly Snacks" Cookbook. Cook time includes freezing the ice ring
- 1 cup gummy worms
- 1 liter Gatorade sports drink (or other lemon-lime sports drink)
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 quarts pineapple juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- For Ice Ring:.
- Arrange gummy worms in the bottom of 5-cup ring mold; fill mold with sports drink. Freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook and stir corn syrup and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice; stir gently.
- Bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and strain out cloves; discard.
- Combine syrup mixture with juices and ginger ale in a large punch bowl.
- Unmold Creepy Crawler Ring by dipping bottom of mold briefly in hot water; add to punch bowl.