Recipe by Thumbs
This is a super easy, ultra tasty recipe that calls for white wine, a packet of Italian dressing mix, chicken and pasta. Upon my first time making it, I already had leftover cooked chicken breast, so I made the sauce on the stovetop and let simmer for 20 minutes, chopped the chicken and added it to the sauce and served over pasta. I used 1-1/2 cups of white wine to yield a sauce that was a little more runny, but consistency is a matter of preference. I also used 2 freshly chopped roma tomatoes, rather than the sundried.
Top Review by ravenous301_7687964
I really loved this recipe! Its easy, I made a few changes of my own. I added Italian salad dressing instead of the powered type and added a bit of milk. Added veggies while i boiled my pasta. Even my kids loved it.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works especially well due to the herbaceous character)
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 4 ounces dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 ounces pasta, linguine works very well
- sun-dried tomatoes or 2 freshly chopped roma tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter in large pot and stir in package of Italian salad dressing mix and garlic. Next stir in wine, mushroom soup and cream cheese until well-blended. Continue to heat (without boiling) mixture for about 5 minutes, sauce should be creamy and all cream cheese should be melted. Place chicken in single layer in baking dish and pour the above mixture over. Cover and cook for 50-55 minutes. Cook pasta about 15 minutes before chicken is done. Drain pasta and serve chicken and sauce over the linguine. Top with tomatoes, chives and parmesan cheese. Don't forget to save some of the white wine to complement dinner!