Recipe by Derf
This was in the local newpaper today, I have not tried it but thought there might be some Vegans out there that would enjoy it. (Submitted to the newpaper by Stacey Lalonde)
Top Review by Derf
It would be of real interest to me to know what was so bad about this Michelle?? I would never make it myself; I am not a vegan. I am curious though because the paper write up made it sound like a real treat for vegans over the holidays. Was it the texture, the taste ?? Could any change improve it?? Looking forward to your input. Thanks in advance.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Mori-Nu silken soft tofu or 1 (12 ounce) package Mori-Nu extra firm lite tofu
- 1 cup rice milk (or soy milk)
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat (or other dry sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sucanat (or other dry sugar)
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 -15 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients (except the ice cubes) in blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, blend the mixture with ice cubes until frothy (you may need to divide liquid in half to fit into blender with ice).
- Serve in glass sprinkled with nutmeg.
- *Mori-Nuis Japanese tofu that is silky smooth in texture and easier to digest than Chinese tofu.
- It works well in beverages, mousses and other creamy-type dishes.
- It is available at health food stores and some grocery stores.