Recipe by misshaluna
This frosting is also a great base for adding different flavours. I used this with dulce de leche, nutella and peanut butter.
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk (low fat is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, flour, salt in a saucepan with the heat turned off. Whisk until smooth. Cook over medium high heat, whisking until mixture thickens and comes to a boil (about 5-7 minutes). Yes! I use measuring cup on a stove top :).
- Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat then strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skin from forming. Cool for about an hour and half.
- When flour mixture is cool, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until light and creamy. Adding a dollop at a time, beat in the cooled flour mixture until the frosting is creamy and light.
- Enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.
- Tip: Add 2 tablespoons (30ml) unflavored gelatin in the frosting to help stablize the cream. (In 50ml hot water add 1 gram of unflavoured gelatin or depending on the packet instruction.