Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super quick and easy yet very tasty tomato soup packed with zucchini and mushrooms. Any leftovers are great the next day warmed in office microwave!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon mccormick beef base
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in medium sauce pan. Saute together the onion, garlic, basil and beef base in the hot oil, stirring constantly. Watch carefully, as the onion and garlic burn easily. Remove from heat and stir in the zucchini and mushrooms. Return to heat and saute until veggies are somewhat soft and browned.
- Pour a bit of juice from the canned tomatoes into pan to de-glaze and then add the rest of the tomatoes. Simmer briefly and divide into two serving bowls.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, add 2 TB of cream to each bowl and serve.
- This is yummy with either the homemade croutons or cornmeal scones, both from the 'zaar.