Recipe by Sue Lau
I made this for especially for my husband- just a little something to tease his tastebuds on a romantic night. It's so easy to make too- just cook it up in the pan, no bother at all.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms or 2 cups white mushrooms
- 3 -4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 -3 teaspoons Dijon mustard (amount to taste)
- 5 1⁄2 ounces chevre cheese or 5 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saute pan until the butter melts then add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, shallots and tarragon and cook until the mushrooms become tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the wine and mustard to the pan and stir until blended, then reduce to low, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, make a space/well in the center of the pan by moving all the ingredients to the sides and then add the chevre to the center of the pan and mix it with a little cream, stir some, mix in more cream, stir more, etc, until chevre is blended in and cream is incorporated.
- Mix chicken and mushrooms into cream sauce, check again for seasonings and serve.
- I served this along side wild rice, but you can do as you like.