Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Very easy and fast. From Women's Day.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen green peas
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, in strips
- Cook pasta according to package direction, adding peas to pasta water 3 minutes before pasta is done. Remove and reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water; drain pasta and peas and return to pot.
- Meanwhile put remaining ingredients and reserved pasta water in a large non-stick skillet. Bringing to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until heated through.
- Pour over pasta and peas.
- Toss to mix and coat.
I didn't have the best luck with this recipe. I omitted the peas, as I don't care for them combined with other foods. I used leftover grilled chicken and a sun-dried tomato and roasted pepper sauce that was combined with the cream. It was a quick meal, but the sauce lacked depth of flavor. Perhaps it was just the purchased sundried sauce that I used, but this just didn't really suit our tastes.