From Sarah Ainley’s book, The World’s Best Recipes, Caribbean section. “A smooth and luscious soup, so easy that you will make it with delight, over and over.” You may also use frozen spinach; if you’d like to substitute milk for the cream, use half stock and half milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat and sauté the onion for a few minutes until soft. Add the spinach, cover the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes, until the spinach wilts.
- 2Pour the spinach mixture into a blender or food processor and add a little of the stock. Blend until smooth.
- 3Return mixture to the pan and add the remaining stock, coconut cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- 4Add the cream, stir well and heat through without bringing to a boil. Serve hot, garnished with chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: