Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A ling time favotite in my family. Been doing this one for about 30 years!
Make and share this Creamy Spaghetti Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In lg skillet saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in butter.
- Add spaghetti, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Put into a greased shallow casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Spread with remaining cup sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes more.
This was very tasty and easy to make. My guys didn't even notice it was meatless until they finished it. I used a 9x13 pan. I also used a 12 0z package of spaghetti, it was the smallest you can buy here and a 26 oz bottle of spaghetti sauce. It turns out to be 2 3/4 cups of sauce. Didn't want to waste the rest of the bottle. The monterey jack cheese was a nice touch. Thanks.
My husband and I have made this a number of times. We've modified slightly to our tastes (a little less sour cream and a little more cottage cheese, etc.) but the recipe is really good as is too. We make with gluten-free pasta and have no problems. Leftovers are almost as good as the first time. Thanks for sharing!
I followed this exactly, except the store I went to had no monterey jack so I used a colby/monterey jack blend. It was quite good for dinner, but the leftovers reheated the next day were not very good at all - I'm not sure why. But I would say if you eat all of this in one meal, it's definitely good - but for leftovers I'd tend to shy away from it.