Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (3 lb) whole chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring water and chicken to a boil in a Dutch oven; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken, reserving broth in pot, and cool to touch.
- Skin and bone chicken; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Set aside.
- Bring reserved broth, bell pepper, and next 3 ingredients to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, and boil 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup broth in pot.
- Add spaghetti, soup, and cheese spread to broth; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- Stir in chicken, and pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again